AirTrain is an easy way of transportation to travel to/from and around JFK airport. It links with MTA New York City buses and subways and also with the Long Island Rail Road. It is a cheap and fast way to travel to various destinations along NYC and New Jersey.
It does various stops in John F. Kennedy airport: parking lots, terminals, rental car area and hotel shuttle areas.
Fee: around the airport is for free.
Hours: operate 24/7 daily.
- Route: Midtown Manhattan New York Penn Station W. 34 Street
Connection: MTA E Subway at Jamaica Station.
Travel Time: 50 minutes.
- Route: Lower Manhattan, below W. 14 Street
Connection: MTA A Subway at Howard Beach Station.
Travel Time: 60 minutes
- Route: Upper Manhattan W. 125 Street
Connection: MTA E Subway at Jamaica Station. In Manhattan passengers can transfer to a bus or subway.
Travel Time: 75 minutes
- Route: Southern Queens, Northern Brooklyn
Connection: MTA J / Z Subway at Jamaica Station
Travel Time: 50 minutes
- Route: Manhattan West side -Penn Station- and Queens
Connection: Long Island Rail Road at Jamaica Station
Rate: $15 Travel
Time: 35-40 minutes
- AirTrain Stations are designed to be as much as possible accessible for passengers with special needs or reduced mobility.
- Every train has two wheelchair locations. There is also an aisle to facilitate the passenger mobility.
- All AirTrain stations have escalators & elevators.
- At Jamaica Station to/from the LIRR station and platforms there are connectors. Same for subways to/from Sutphin Boulevard-Archer Av. Station. The street-level entrances are adapted to be accessible for wheelchairs.
- Transfers between the AirTrain Howard Beach station and the Howard Beach subway station, as well as to/from the streets, are well equipped to be accessible with wheelchair, there are elevators and walkway.