The current Terminal 1 was opened in 1998, at the direction of the Terminal One Group, a consortium of four key operating carriers: Air France, Japan Airlines, Korean Air and Lufthansa. This partnership was founded after the four airlines reached agreement that existing international carrier facilities were inadequate for their needs.
Terminal 1 is able to handle Airbus A380 aircraft and together with Terminal 4, has the capacity to carry the superjumbo aircraft.
Location: Check the terminal map at terminals page to get an overview of the terminal location.
Terminal 1 has 11 gates (from 1 to 11) and the building is composed by: Arrivals Level, Mezzanine, Departures Level, Concourse Level.
- Arrivals Level: Has the following services and amenities: Baggage Claim, Customs, Restrooms, U.S. Immigration Control, Ground Transportation Information Point, ATMs, Currency Exchange Service, Hotel/Hostel/Motel Courtesy Phone. Wi-Fi is accessible through all the terminal. Ground Transportation available: Car rental, AirTrain Station, Bus Stops, Taxis, Parking.
- Mezzanine Level: There are located the Airline Clubs.
- Departure Level: There are the Check-in desks.
- Concourse Level: There is the security check-point, the Airline Clubs and the boarding gates from 1 to 11.
- Aero Mexico - Terminal 1
- Aeroflot - Terminal 1
- Air China - Terminal 1
- Air France - Terminal 1
- Alitalia - Terminal 1
- Austrian Airlines - Terminal 1
- Azerbaijan - Terminal 1
- Brussels Airlines - Terminal 1
- Cayman Airways - Terminal 1
- China Eastern - Terminal 1
- Dynamic International Airways - Terminal 1
- EVA Airways - Terminal 1
- Fly Jamaica Airways - Terminal 1
- Interjet - Terminal 1, Terminal 7
- Japan Airlines - Terminal 1
- Korean Air - Terminal 1
- Lufthansa - Terminal 1
- Meridiana - Terminal 1
- Norwegian Air - Terminal 1
- Philippine Airlines - Terminal 1
- Royal Air Maroc - Terminal 1
- Saudi Arabian Airlines - Terminal 1
- TAME - Terminal 1
- Turkish Airlines - Terminal 1
Several services are offered at Terminal 1, such as:
- Services and Facilities
- ATM, Banks and Currency Exchange
- Stores and Duty Free
- Restaurants, Food and Café