Terminal 5 operates with various airlines but JetBlue Airways is the major one. (Some international flights from Jet Blue arrive at Terminal 4).
The terminal 5 sits behind the preserved Eero Saarinen-designed terminal originally known as the “TWA Flight Center”. Now this center is connected to T5 via a walkway but is considered part of the Terminal. But nevertheless, the Saarinen building is currently closed for refurbishment and although it’s unclear when the building will reopen again, is planned in 2018.
Location: Check the terminal map at terminals page to get an overview of the terminal location.
The Terminal 5 building has gates from 1 to 31 and is divided in three areas: Arrivals, Skywalks and Departures.
- Arrivals: it has a walkway that links with Saarinen Terminal. The ground transportation available are taxis and buses, but from the walkway that connects Arrivals with the Skywalk there is a walkway that reaches the AirTrain station and the parking lots.
In arrivals there is an information tourist point and baggage claim.
- Departures: after the security point passengers have access to the boarding gates. There is a pet relief area.
Wi-Fi is accessible through all the terminal.
- Aer Lingus - Terminal 5
- Hawaiian Airlines - Terminal 5
- JetBlue - Terminal 5 (All Departures). International Arrivals: Terminal 4 - from 10:30 pm to 5:00 am and Terminal 5 from 5:00 am to 10:30 pm.
- TAP Portugal - Terminal 5
Several services are offered at Terminal 5, such as:
- Services and Facilities
- ATM, Banks and Currency Exchange
- Stores and Duty Free
- Restaurants, Food and Café