The following Bus lines stops at the airport:
- B15 (Schedule)
- Q3 (Schedule)
- Q10 (Schedule)
The bus stop is located in Terminal 5, use the AirTrain to move from/to other terminals.
- Jamaica: Bus Q3. Travel Time: 50 minutes to/from Jamaica station.
- Hollis, St Albans, Long Island: Bus Q3. Travel Time: 40 minutes to/from Hollis.
- Long Island: Bus Q3. Travel time: 20 minutes to/from Locust Manor.
- Kew Gardens, Richmond Hill and South Ozone Park: Bus Q10. Travel Time: 40-45 minutes to/from Kew Gardens.
- Bedford Stuyvesant: Bus B15. Travel Time: 85 minutes to/from Myrtle Avenue; 70 minutes to/from Kingston-Throop Avenues.
- Crown Heights, East Flatbush: Bus B15. Travel Time: 55 minutes to/from Sutter Av-Rutland Road.
- Brownsville, East New York: Bus B15. Travel Time: 30-40 minutes to/from New Lots Avenue.
Buses are handicapped accessible.
There are various private bus lines operating express buses to Manhattan, the Hudson Valley, and Long Island.
MetroCard: is the integrated system to travel through the public transportation. One single way is $2.75 and passengers can travel by MTA subways and buses. Metrocard is rechargeable and travelers can do transfers for free between subways and buses.
To buy a MetroCard: purchase it in the Vending Machines or in the information point in the main stations.
Children: 44 inches tall & under travel for free.
*All Buses accept MetroCard or exact change (coins only) with the exception of Select Bus Service (SBS).
*Metro North Railroad and Long Island Rail Road fares require separate ticket purchase at Machines or Ticket Offices. Passengers must buy the ticket before board these destinations.